To facilitate the achievement of the objectives stated above, the Ministry of Agriculture is structured into ten (10) departments:
|1||Administration and Supplies||Mr. Kanimodo Adetunji, MNIM|
|2||Finance and Accounts||Mr. Thomas Babatunde Aregbesola|
|3||Planning, Research and Statistics||Mr. Okanlawon Surajudeen Fashola|
|4||Veterinary Services||Dr. Dotun Sorunke|
|5||Produce Services||Mr. Olaitan Kusimo|
|6||Livestock Services||Mr. Olatunbosun Mosuro|
|7||Agricultural Services||Mrs. Josephine Sodiya|
|8||Fisheries Services||Mr. Adekunle Ajayi|
|9||Tree Crops Production and Rural Development Services||Mr. James Oyesola|
|10||Mechanized Farming and Engineering Services||Engr. Abiodun Lawal|
SPECIAL INTERVENTION PROJECTS
- Cultivation of 550Ha of Rice farm for the production of Ogun State branded Rice MITROS at Eggua.
- Cultivation of 1,000Ha of Cassava Farm at Owowo.
- Fertilizer intervention programme between the Federal Government and Ogun State (Procurement of 20,000metric tonnes of 20:10:10 NPK Fertilizer).
- Establishment of 3 Fish farm estates using Eriwe Model.
- Construction of 70 Fish cages to produce Tilapia.
- Set up of poultry demonstration farm at Odeda Training Institute.
- Production of 100Ha of Tomato farm.
- Construction of semi-mechanized abattoir at Ogere-Remo.
- Procurement of 5 heavy duty harrow (Rome Harrow) for land clearing at Eggua.
- Youth and women empowerment project.
- Purchase of 20 Bulldozers.
- Raising of Cocoa seedlings for Cocoa farmers in the State.
- Raising of 20,000 point of cage pullet at four (4) different locations in the State (Ijebu-Igbo, Ilaro, Ajegunle and Kotopo).
- Establishment of Civil/Public Servant Agricultural Scheme to encourage about 30,000 public/civil servants into cluster farming through Civil/Public Servants Farming Scheme with allocation of at least one hectare for arable and less for livestock farming.
- Establishment of Greenhouse facility across the State to promote all year production of vegetables and spices.
- Establishment of two-double roller cotton ginnery that will employ 1,500 staff and create over 1000 indirect employment.
- Establishment of 15,000 hectares of Cassava farms.
- Establishment of 3,000 hectares of Rice enclave.
- Establishment of 7,000 hectares of Maize farms.
- Establishment of 10,000 hectares of Cotton Plantation at Iwoye-Ketu.
- Establishment of Fish farm estates in 500 (twin) earthen ponds to produce 1 million table size fish at Imasayi and Ayerose (Ajebo).
- Fix existing irrigation systems to enhance rice production.
- State-wide farmers registration
- Youth and Women Empowerment Project